Thursday, March 12, 2009

Goodbye...sweet..sweet...Splenda!


Today I say an official goodbye to one of my favorite things....Splenda. I have realized that I am going overboard and using it WAY too much. Its like crack....I just cant stop.(not that Ive ever used crack)

I have realized that I buy a huge bag every week and I use it all up. I use it in my breakfast cereal, in my tea that I drink all day long and on everything that needs a little boost of sweetness. I have been wondering if maybe my over consumption of this wonderful stuff has been affecting my weight loss efforts. Its says "NO CALORIES" but when I googled it online.... the calories do add up if you use a lot of it. I was shocked when I read that 1 cup has 96 calories! What the CRAP! If I was only using it sparingly it wouldnt be a problem but Im not.... so ...theres a problem! Im going to cut it out of my diet completely this week and see what happens. OOHHH the withdrawls.....I can feel them already.

So......Good bye...sweet...sweet...Splenda...our days are over and Im movin on with out you....you decieved me and I wont ever forgive you and dont think about weasiling your way back into my life because I wont take you back. Your a cheat!
Share

2 comments:

Jamie said...

ahh what a bummer!!!

Anonymous said...

You probably don't know me, but I'm a friend of Emily's and a cousin to Jared. She told me about your blog because I just started WW. Anyway our leader told us on Sat. to bag the Splenda--one of the lifetimers did this last week and finally had a pretty big loss. Hopefully it works out for you. Thanks for all you info and motivation!! This is my 4th time joining and I;m determined to do IT!