Thursday, March 26, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things!

Sorry for my absence..Ive been busy lately and went on vacation but now that I'm back I wanted to share some of my favorite snacks. I LOVE snacks and I feel like in order to do well with weight loss or maintenance you've got to find yummy snacks that satisfy. Here are a few of mine

Popcorn

But not any popcorn. This popcorn is popped fresh on the stove in olive oil. It is the best popcorn you will ever have..... I guarantee it! It beats the microwave stuff!

Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a tall sauce pan. Add 1/4 cup unpopped popcorn kernels. Cover.....Shake it up now and again even when it starts to pop so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan and whalla! Add some sea salt or table salt and enjoy! Its 210 calories for the whole pan and its a great way to get your oil in for the day!

Blue Bunny

I am so addicted to these puppies! I buy two boxes a week and usually run out. They are only 50-60 calories a piece and there sweetened with sweetener so you don't get extra sugar. I think they might even be 0 points. They have a good flavor, are creamy and satisfying. Husband approved.

Tangelos

I just discovered these little mini oranges at the store last week. I know...where have I been. I usually never buy oranges because it is so hard to find juicy ones. Well..Rowan saw these and begged for them ....so I bought them. I cant turn the kid down for choosing a healthy snack. I was quite surprised when I ate one....they were so juicy and good. I just bought some yesterday and cant wait to enjoy it.

60 calorie Jello Pudding Cups

I love the new flavors of these bad boys. I tried a new one today and it was good. It was the rice pudding...creme brulee flavor. That one was 70 calories and quite good. If you have a texture thing...you may not like them...I don't...so I liked it. I also like the chocolate banana and chocolate mint. Add some fat free cool whip and enjoy!

Powerade Zero

This is one for my running buddies. I am not a sports drink fan at all. I don't like the added sugar they contain, so I usually stick with my Diet Coke. However I just recently read a review on this so I thought I would give it a shot. The flavors are a lot like kool aid flavors and I like them. It contains much needed electrolytes so its really good to drink during or after your long runs. They are our "new thing" around here and only cost 78 cents at Walmart.

Kashi Go Lean Crunch

I love this cereal! Sometimes I warm up some frozen fruit like peaches in the microwave and then add it to the cereal with some milk and it taste like peach cobbler. Yummo! Its 200 cal per cup but worth it. I really like the Honey Almond Flax. Its got 4.5 grams of fat....8 grams of fiber and 9 grams of protein!

No comments: