Thursday, March 5, 2009

Its true.....eat more lose more, especially while running!!!

This was my first week using the Bodybugg...and the results are in! I lost 1.6 pounds....Hurray!!!! I haven't lost any weight in two months and was actually gaining even though I was doing WW, running and being really strict with my eating. I have been soooooo frustrated! I got to my goal weight of 125 before Christmas and then started training for my marathon. I was trying to just maintain my weight and ended up slowly gaining every week. I tried everything and nothing worked, so I decided to splurge on a BodyBugg after my neighbor ranted and raved about it. After using it for a week...I realized how many calories I was actually burning a day and was quite surprised. I am burning way more than I thought. Yesterday I burned 3,000 calories. On average I burn 2700 a day. That's alot..... obviously I wasn't eating enough. WW just wasn't working for me anymore. I wish that they had a specific plan for marathon runners but they don't. I was even eating my AP and Flex points and the scale kept going up. So then I would try not eating them and the scale would go up again! I was going crazy..... literally!

After using the Bodybugg this week, I was also surprised to see that most machines at the gym say that I burned way more calories than I actually did. It is so nice to actually see how many calories I am burning and how many I am actually eating through logging my food on the computer. It is the best little investment I have made for myself. I felt like I was eating a lot this week but felt very satisfied and not hungry all the time. I definitely ate more carbs than normal which I loved and have felt my running getting better. I had awesome runs this week...I ran 8 miles in 72 minutes! Everything is just great and I am so happy to feel some peace in this area of my life. Nothing sucks worse that trying so hard and seeing no results. What I learned goes right along with the book I'm reading by Nancy Clark. Nutrition Guide for Marathoners. She said that the biggest complaint she gets from runners, is that they plateau or gain weight while training. She said that most of the women are not eating enough calories and especially not enough carbs. Why are we so afraid of them? She also said that many women(I can relate) have a hard time adding calories because they are afraid of gaining weight. Once they do though...they finally see results. I have learned that her statement is true. Sometimes you have to eat more to lose more, especially if you are really active. I tried finding mt BMR online and most said that I burn 1300-1700 a day. Even if I was inactive that is still way off. On Sunday I didn't do much at all and I still burned almost 1900.

I was also glad to hear that this process worked for Stephanie! She ate a four extra points everyday and was able to break through and see a weight loss. It is true ladies....if your struggling seeing the scale move and your really tyrying, TRY ADDING MORE CALORIES. It works!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally agree! I had a couple of weeks of gaining so I called my Mom and asked for suggestions. She told me to eat more protein and carbs because I was running. I have lost 1.5+ each week for the past 4 weeks.

Jillyan said...

So...my nephew must have been logged onto my computer. It was me that commented! Sorry!