Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Meat-a-licious Fab Food Finds

Here are some more fab food finds that I wanted to share this week. I just ran to the grocery store today and picked some up. I definitely cant live with out these products. They on my list every week!

Jennie O Turkey Burgers 4 pts

I find these tasty creations in the frozen meat section at Walmart. They are pre made patties, so they are convenient and all ready to go. All I do, is thaw them out in the microwave and then into my skillet they go. The flavor is fantastic AND they are pretty lean. I also put them in the skillet and chop them up into smaller pieces if my recipe calls for ground beef. I use these for everything. I don't even buy beef anymore. They run less than $6.00 for a box which is three pounds. Now THAT is a great price!

If your craving fries to go along with your burger.... just take some potatoes, slice them up, toss them in some olive oil or pam and bake them with some season salt at 400 degrees until golden brown. This always satisfies my fatty french fry cravings. If you like sweet potatoes use them as well...they are so GOOD!

Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon 1 pt

I have to say that I have tried many different kinds of turkey bacon and this one is the WEINER! Loren and I love to make BLTS with these. We toast up some Sara Lee Delightful Bread,(45 calories a slice) spread on some Light Laughing Cow Cheese and then we load them up with the bacon and our favorite veges. These are to die for and I'm not a huge bacon fan. I also make the egg white breakfast burritos that I talked about last week and add a slice of bacon to each and that's good too.

Oscar Meyer 98% Fat Free Hot Dogs 1 pt

I am not a HUGE hot dog fan but, when I'm in the mood for a good chili dog or I need a low point meal I use these. I think they are really good, especially with some Nally's Turkey Chili on top. I usually skip the bun to save points but that's just me. Loren and the kids like them too and we usually go through a pack or so a week. They are a great option.

Starkist Creations 3pts


If your a tuna connaisseur like me, you will love these tuna pouches. First off, I love the no mess pouch, second they have such yummy flavors. My fave is the sweet and spicy. I just tried the tomato pesto and that's is good too. The whole pouch is only 3 pts and packed full of protein. I usually don't even add mayo but if you want to add some I would recommend the light or the fat free. The tuna is so flavorful already that you really don't need anything else. I love to use these to make tuna wraps with the Dunford Tortillas. Tasty!

Gallo Light Salami 1-2 pts

I just bought some of these today for sandwiches. I use to buy them all the time and got sick of them. These are a little pricey but worth it. They are good with cream cheese alone or on a cracker. They also are good on sandwiches or in wraps. Sometimes I just eat them right out of the bag. Yum!

Hormel Turkey-Roni 1-2 pts
I cant live without these babies. I haven't bought real pepperoni in years and I don't miss them one bit! I make homemade pizza all the time and have to have these on top! These are also good just out of the bag.

By finding alternative, low fat products, I have really been able to change my eating habits for the better. I still eat all the things I love, but I just lighten everything up. I don't think by eating healthy any of us should suffer and feel restricted all the time. Just make your favorite meals "skinnier". It IS possible, I do it everyday! I can still enjoy eating and I sware that things just taste better AND I feel better because I'm eating without the guilt!

1 comment:

Jillyan said...

We love the turkey-roni too! My Mom has been using it on her homemade pizza for the past year or so. I also love the 98% fat free hot dogs. I can't really taste a difference. And they definitely cure my hot dog crave every once and a while. Did you serve those turkey burgers when we had dinner at your house last? They were really delish! Thanks for the tips!