Friday, February 27, 2009

Bodybugg Day 1!

I am completely in love with my Bodybugg and its only been a day. Its been love at first sight! Sorry Loren.....but the truth is, I am infatuated with this little guy. Yesterday was my official first day using it and I was very happy with the results. Actually...let me back up. The first result made me mad but I soon forgave it. I did the elliptical for 60 minutes at the gym and it said that I only burned 315 when the machine said 630. I was P.O.ed. I was thinking to myself.... no wonder I cant lose the last few pounds. My body doesn't burn a dang thing! I didn't use the arm things because my shoulder was hurting, but I still tried to maintain the same pace as usual. I DO have a really low heart rate, so I was coming to the realization that yep...... my metabolism sucks. Just what I figured.....and then by the end of the day....it said I burned close to 2700 calories! What the hay! Me? 2700 calories. I DID try really hard to not sit on my hiney too much AND went on a walk with the rugrats. This little guy made me realize that I can burn a lot of extra calories besides in my workouts and it really does matter how I spend my day. I cant think, that since I hit the gym, that I can relax all day in front of the computer. OOOHH how I love that! (I'm totally addicted to facebook) Anyways......This thing rocks....and I'm so happy with the results so far. I will keep you all updated. I still have a lot to learn. I get so frustrated trying to learn how these little gadgets work. Another bonus......They did call me today to see if I needed any help, which I thought was nice...and I get a free coaching session in a few weeks. What great customer service!

P.S. My morning run today was good! I ran 5 miles and it said I burned 500 calories. The treadmill said 550...not to far off. I burned 10 calories and up a minute! I ran it in 45 minutes!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Thanks for the info...I'm going to have to start "doing" instead of sitting. Great job Maren. I can't wait to walk with the kids together!