Saturday, February 21, 2009

My tale of four cities....

So today was my long run and Im up to 17 miles! My sweet mom watched the kids so my husband and I could run it together. We mapped out our run into an area we have never run before and DANG...we really under estimated it! It was very hilly and can I add.... HELLY! We actually ran through four cities! I laughed every time I saw a new city sign. It felt like we ran through four cities too. I am proud to say though, that I finished with only a few pee breaks. I did however, feel like I wanted to cry at the end. My legs felt like lead and they hurt A-LOT. Thats a pain Ive never quite felt before and I cant wait to feel that again next week. Look'in forward to it :) Good attitude...good attitude:)

Its crazy to think that in the marathon, I will have to run 9 more miles than I did today. WHOA NELLY! I dont think I really realize what the crap Im doing. Nope...I have no idea...but Im in it...and Im doing it anyway. I just dont want to be one of those people who collapse at the finish line and have to get carried away in a stretcher. Please let me not be one of those people. Thats my goal really. To finish around 4:30 and to be able to finish strong and not collapse:)

Anyway...it was a beautiful sunny day here in Utah and we finished off the beautiful day at Sweet Tomatoes with our little family. I love that place.....its becoming our Saturday tradition. Im diggin the one point apple bran muffin with the non fat chocolate frozen yogurt on top...YUM! That was a perfect ending to a good day.

1 comment:

Em said...

Great Job! I am so proud of you!