Thursday, February 19, 2009

Tostada Pie

If you cant already tell....I ...heart... Mexican food! I love the flavors and it always seems to satisfy. This is one of my favorite recipes of all times! I made this last night and it is soooo good. Even Loren wanted to bring the leftovers to work today. It really is an easy recipe to follow and I almost always have what I need to make it.

2-4 Lean Turkey Burgers Jennie O (1/2 - 1 pound) You can also use extra lean ground beef.

1/2 -1 packet Taco Bell Seasoning

1/2 cup salsa

1 can non fat re fried beans

4 tortillas (Whole Grain)I use Dunford Tortillas or Mission Healthy Heart

Start by spraying a non stick skillet with Pam. Cook tortillas one at a time until golden and crispy. Set aside.

Brown the meat. )If its in turkey burger form, just chop it up into small peices like ground beef. 1/2 - 1 pound) Add seasoning packet, salsa and beans. Mix together.

Spray a nonstick, round, glass pan with Pam and put a tortilla in the bottom of pan. Layer 1/4 meat mixture and add another tortilla. Continue until gone. Make sure you have enough meat mixture left to put some on the very top.

If you want.... add a little cheese to the top and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.

Top with Fat Free Sour Cream and enjoy! I also like adding a salad on top. Its a good way to get your veges in:)

The total points value will vary depending on how much meat you use and the type of tortillas you use. Its usually between 4-6 pts per serving. 4 Servings.

No comments: